This week I turned in the last of my required paperwork for my home study. Now I just need to have two more face-to-face meetings with the social worker to satisfy China's requirements, and she can complete my home study. I am stalking the poor woman via e-mail -- when can I see you? When? I'll drive to Wilmington. I'll bring doughnuts to your house Saturday morning. I'll meet you anywhere, anytime. Let's just get this done!
After I have the home study in hand, I need to send it and a host of other documents (birth certificate, etc.) to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). They will give me permission to be fingerprinted -- again. Once they determine that I have not had the time to become a criminal since my fingerprinting last month for my home study, and peruse all my documents to their satisfaction, they'll issue approval for me to adopt from another country. That process is taking about 6 weeks these days, but you never know.
THEN everything goes off to China and the really long wait begins. It could be as long as four months before I get the official LOA -- letter of approval -- to adopt Zheng Feng. After that there is, of course, more paperwork before we are able to go to China.
Can we have him home by Christmas? I am hoping!
No comments:
Post a Comment