Sunday, March 18, 2012

Almost done with the home study!

I love my social worker! Saturday morning she agreed to meet us at a playground near her home with her two little boys. My girls played with them while she and I finished up the last details for the home study. She thinks her home visit can count as two "contacts" for China since she interviewed both me and my children. That means we are done!

She e-mailed me the home study this morning to read over (just a few nitpicking edits from the communications professional) and will get the agency owner to sign off once the work week resumes. I hope to have my I-800a application in to USCIS this week! They need to issue a formal approval for me to adopt internationally. If all goes on schedule, my dossier should go to China by the beginning of May. Then the really long wait begins -- there are people now who have been waiting three months for China to issue approval to adopt.

Apparently the offices in China that handle these approvals have recently moved, with all the attendant computer and phone line problems, not to mention moving (and trying not to lose track of) all of the paper files. I'm actually happy my  paperwork is not in the middle of that confusion.

Meanwhile, the girls and I and our friends the Carcacis took quick trip to State College to watch a Penn State gymnastics meet (men's and women's). It was so incredible to watch their performances! We capped it off with a late-night visit to the Creamery for ice cream and today plan to have brunch at the Corner Room with local friends, then wander around town and campus. It will be a well-deserved relaxing day, made all the better by knowing that MY HOME STUDY IS DONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment