My wonderful social worker Kerry finished my home study in record time and got it to me on Friday, only two weeks before she is due to have her third child! Now that's dedication.
I had my I-800a application ready to go when it arrived, and overnighted the application and home study to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services office in Texas. Now I have a wait of four to six weeks while they mull over whether I am qualified to adopt internationally, and send me off into Northeast Philly to be fingerprinted yet again. Meanwhile I am sending my packet of other documents through the state certification and consulate authentication process. Once the I-800a (approval to adopt internationally) arrives and I run that through the same process, my dossier will be off to China.
This weekend we celebrated lots of family events -- my dad's 75th birthday, my nephew's baptism and a baby shower for my cousin's first grandchild. The entire extended family is so excited about our little boy! Now we just need to decide on that name...
No comments:
Post a Comment