| Every kid in Asia makes this sign when getting a photo taken. |
My little boy is getting bigger! My agency got an update for me from his orphanage. Since November when his adoption file was created, he has grown three inches and three pounds. That helps to move him a bit up the growth chart, from the very bottom where he had been. Take a look at the picture of him in a bathing suit below -- so skinny! But I know we can put some weight on him once we have him home.
| What little boy doesn't love a water gun? |
I also learned what they call him, since children are seldom called by their full official names. He's called Feng Feng. We have to practice saying that in Chinese -- it really doesn't sounds the way it is spelled in English.
He has been healthy, going to preschool and actually learning English from teachers who come in twice a week. I asked what words he has been learning. "Hello" -- OK, that's good. What else? "Crocodile" and "bear." Those will come in handy, I'm sure!
I asked what he is like, and what he likes to do. They say he is introverted, very curious, asks lots of questions and likes to show off what he can do. Sounds like an absolutely wonderful addition to our family!
Oh, and he likes puzzles and blocks, and "playing family." That we can do!
| Anyone want to hand down outgrown Legos? |
What does he like to eat? Candy, cookies and sweet food. Hmmm, what a surprise! He and Caroline can enjoy their nightly ice cream together.
My paperwork is moving through the Chinese system right now, but I expect to get my Letter of Approval any day now. After that there are a few more paperwork milestones on the US and Chinese side, but you can generally leave in 10-12 weeks. So I am obsessively watching the calendar and making up travel dates to plug into airfare sites.
Since there is a huge trade fair in Guangzhou (the city we will be in for 10 days) that doubles hotel rates and makes getting in and out impossible, we will likely have to wait until November to travel, even if my paperwork is done earlier. I'm telling myself that gives the girls a chance to get well settled in to the school year, and we can take advantage of the few days off around Thanksgiving.
Enjoy the pictures!
What a handsome boy!! Congratulations!!
ReplyDeleteOh, he is so cute!
ReplyDelete