Friday, June 8, 2012

One more milestone

This week I learned that my dossier is "logged in" in China. That means someone dug it out of a pile of dossiers, registered it into their system and sent it off for translation. My magical LID (log in date) is May 21. It feels so good to know that progress is being made, and to have a milestone I can count from.

Translation can take a LONG time. It sounds like they only have a few people translating all the documents coming in at every step of the adoption process. Once your dossier is translated it's usually only two to three weeks before you get your official Letter of Approval -- and then things start happening fast and furious. Most people now are waiting about 90 days to get their LOA. That means things could get exciting in August.

I still think we will be in China in November. Keep your fingers crossed for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment